Our store is quickly approaching its 5 year anniversary, and we are celebrating by moving locations. We have purchased the old Faulk Brothers Hardware building on N. Tryon and will be moving sometime in November.
Open Mic Community2 days 4 hours ago.3
Saturday night open mics/jams: **Missed any? Let us know.** (Like, share, support, and invite your friends) Contribute and be recognized for it! Thank you!
* Encore! - (spoken words/poetry/music) (every 4th Saturday of each month/Not tonight) (free) (all ages) (at The Last Word/E W T Harris Blvd/Charlotte) (7-9pm) Hosted by Guerilla Poets w/ Shane Manier, Tyler Moulton, and Elito H
https://www.facebook.com/events/1510635555894896/ - last week's event
* Ricky Js Sports Bar and Grill *Not tonight* - **Open mic usually on Thursdays, but on selective weekends as well; Fridays and Saturdays** (Open mic/Karaoke/DJ/Dance) (every week/usually on Thursdays/NOT THIS SATURDAY) (free) (21 & up) (Charlotte/Sam Wilson Rd) (9pm-(?)) Hosted by Russell Crews w/ Ricky J's and DJ Animal **Jamming on Sunday** (?)
https://www.facebook.com/events/1466966450289799/ - last week's event/benefit
* Poetry In Bloom - (poetry/spoken words/acoustic) (one off (?) every week (?), beginning June 13/NOT THIS WEEK) (free) (all ages) (Corner of Manchester Dr and Barringer Dr) (6pm -(?)) Hosted by Guerilla Poets w/ Shane Manier
https://www.facebook.com/events/1432638263721095/ - last month's event
* Smelly Cat Coffeehouse - **Comedy** (every week) (free) (all ages) (NoDa Charlotte/E 36th St/Charlotte) (7:30-9pm) Hosted by (?)
* Mugs Coffee - "Summer Love" (every second Saturday of each month/resumes in August, August 8) (free) (all ages) (Park Ave/Charlotte) (8-(?)pm) Hosted by The Artist's Den
https://www.facebook.com/events/387602388096696/ - last month's
* Bella Love Inc. *was last week* - "Stand-up Comedy Showcase" (comedy) (Sporadic (?), July 18, last week) ($7 cover) (all ages) (Cornelius/Oak Street Mill/Kadi Fit) (7:30-10pm) Hosted by Bella Love Inc. w/ Case Warnemunde and Jessica L. Boye/Old Town Public House/Old Town Cornelius
https://www.facebook.com/events/897617450331387/ - August 22
* Sylvia Theater *tonight(?)* - "open jam" (musicians) (one-off/every week (?) July 25) (free(?)) (all ages(?)) (North Congress St/York) (9pm-12am/Saturday) Hosted by Joel Shugart/Shugart Sound
https://www.facebook.com/events/915246798547557/ - July 18 event
https://www.facebook.com/events/507268709430408/ - July 25/26 event
* Hattie's Tap & Tavern*not tonight* - *showcase/open mic* (open mic after showcase) (July 11/ one-off (?)) ($3 cover) (21 & up) (The Plaza/Charlotte) (9:30pm-(?)) Hosted by Heather Himes
https://www.facebook.com/events/1072982092731276/ - event from two weeks ago
* "Rock The Yacht" - *showcase* (how often (?)/tonight July 11) ((?) cover) (age (?)) (Lake Norman/Party Bus) (8pm-12am) Hosted by D. Renee & K. Fox
* Zoë's Coffee House - "CD Release Jam Session" (open jam) (one-off/August 22) ($10 cover in advance/$12 at door) (all ages) (S South St/Gastonia) (7pm-(?)) Hosted by "Mill Mother's Lament".
* Blumenthal Performing Arts*not today* - "Graffiti Jam" (graffiti/art jam) (how often (?)/July 25) (free) (all ages) (100 E. Stonewall St.,Charlotte) (12pm-3pm) Hosted by Breakin' Convention CLT w/ Blumenthal Performing Arts
https://www.facebook.com/events/515444481947092/ - last week's event/July 25
* Cru Wine Shop *today/closing day* - "It's A Wrap" (one-off/once a year/August 1/Tonight) (free) (all ages) (Copper Way/Ballantyne) (7pm-1am) Hosted by Open Mic At Cru
https://www.facebook.com/events/1669582153271938/ - today's event/August 1
https://www.facebook.com/events/682294845234299/ - event from two week's ago
* Crown Station - (Saturday/August 29/one-off (?)) (free) (all ages) (Elizabeth Ave/Charlotte) (9pm-2am) Hosted by Vinny Knuckles w/ Essential Essence & Monday Night Mic Fights
* Hare Of The Dog *tonight* - *karaoke* (every week/beginning August 1) (free) (all ages/including pets) (E 7th St/Charlotte) (5-8pm) Hosted by Amy Boyd
* Showcase of Songwriters - check it out for random showcases, etc...
Support Plaza Midwood with Plaza Midwood Shows Up!
NoDa Charlotte/ NoDa Neighborhood/ NoDa Musicfest/ NoDa All Arts Market
Plaza Midwood Community Radio/ Plaza Midwood Neighborhood Association
Plaza Midwood Art Crawl
"Peace Thru Music"/ Vizual Explorations Fan Page
Afton Shows/ Gorilla Music/ Gorilla Music
Lady Rockstars/ Girls Rock Charlotte
**Missed anything? Any others? Tell us!**
Creative Loafing Charlotte --> check us out
The Last Word3 days 22 hours ago.25
Our upcoming move got a write-up from Charlotte Agenda.
Note: We will still be on N. Tryon St., although the location is very close to the Eastway intersection. I, like many new college students at UNCC, played Magic: The Gathering, a fantasy collectible card game, and I learned very quickly that the most convenient place to meet with like minded players was just a short walk off of campus, across W.T. Harris at a used bookstore called The Last Word. University area book store, The Last Word, to relocate to Eastway along the light rail extension
The Last Word4 days 20 hours ago.4
Remember that our summer reading program has been extended until August 15th. Keep on reading!